Curriculum Author: History (Grades 7 to 9)
EdTech Curriculum Department
At Learning Lab Apps we obsess about the quality of the curriculum content we produce for our customers. Our goal is to see children improve their school results. If this sounds like a goal that makes you excited, and you have the ability to create insightful History content, then this job might just be for you!
We’re looking for a curriculum author to work with us on a part-time basis (ideal for teachers wanting to earn a decent second income). You’ll be writing curriculum content (primarily question-and-answer based worksheets) in Social Sciences History for Grades 7 to 9.
You’ll need exceptional language skills in order to be considered for this position. You must consistently dot your i’s and cross your t’s with military precision, and be passionate about History.
You’ll be working with our EdTech Curriculum Development team to create the best content possible for our WorksheetCloud online app.
Is this job for me?
You’ll need to have all these qualities and qualifications in order to be considered for this position:
- Teaching qualification (B.Ed / PGCE)
- Minimum 3 years experience teaching South African CAPS Social Sciences History in any grade between Grades 7 to 9.
- Extremely detail-orientated with the ability to proofread and spot errors. You need impeccable spelling and grammar skills in English.
- Extensive knowledge of subject terms (jargon) in History AND Geography (you will be authoring History content, but may also moderate Geography content).
- Available to attend training and workshops on selected weekends or evenings in Cape Town.
- Have between 8 to 10 hours available per week to dedicate to this job. You will be working remotely and can choose your own working hours (evenings and weekends are fine).
- Excellent computer skills.
- Own laptop and reliable internet access at home.
- A clear ability to motivate why you want to join the Learning Lab Apps team and why you will be our next top performing History content author for Grades 7 to 9.
This is what you’ll be doing as our History Curriculum Author:
- Design and author History worksheets for Grades 7 to 9.
- Complete work within required timelines and to a consistently high level of quality.
- Use internal project management tools and spreadsheets to plan and manage your work.
- Stay up to date with academic terms (jargon) in History.
- Communicate regularly with our Curriculum Manager.
Remuneration: Based on how much work you complete each month.
Location: Remote position (work anywhere). You will be required to attend training and workshops from time to time over weekends or evenings at our Cape Town office.
Employment type: Part-time, 6 month initial contract with option to extend.
Hours: Between 8 to 10 hours per week. You can choose your own work hours, provided you get the job done properly.
Department: EdTech Curriculum Department
Reports to: Curriculum Manager
How to Apply
Our application process works like this:
- Read the entire job description above to ensure that you are the right fit for this position.
- Complete the online application here.
- If you are shortlisted, you will be asked to create an original History worksheet and memorandum to test your curriculum knowledge and writing ability.
- If you pass this test, you will be invited to a formal interview.